Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sea Theme Blog Hop

I have made several projects with the sea turtle and seaweed stamp set.  I love this stamp set.  You can make really beautiful cards and layouts with it.

I basically used 2 techniques to create the background paper for the cards.    Alcohol Ink Technique and a technique using shaving cream.

Below is a link to a Tim Holtz YouTube video demonstrating the technique using the alcohol inks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KbNWkzZFQg

Here is a link to the shaving cream technique.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmDrd4FB6XE

Here are my cards using the alcohol ink technique as the background.  The turtle was stamped on background made with the shaving cream technique and  embossed in gold.  The top turtle I used a green distress ink to shade the turtles body.


Here are my cards using the shaving cream technique as the background.  The turtle was stamped on background made with the alcohol ink technique and embossed in gold. The sea weed for the top card was embossed with a sea foam green.

 The sea weed in the card below was stamp with clear embossing ink and embossing with clear embossing powder before the shaving cream technique was used.


The last project I created was (2) 2 page scrapbook layouts using the sea turtle and the mini cloisonne  starfish and shell.


Thanks for taking the time to view my blog. 
 Now hop on over to the others blogs to view their beautiful art work!


13 comments:

  1. Lori, all your cards and scrapbook pages are so beautiful! I love the colors you have used. And those backgrounds, super! Thanks for playing in the blog hop. Hugs, Hetty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and scrapbook pages, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori I really like your bookmark. But everything is so beautifully done. And the colors are so perfect with the turtle and your scrapbook pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again wonderful cards Lori.
    I like the ones with the shaving cream and Alcohol technique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been very busy! I love all the samples you've posted and have enjoyed the ones for your Card Captain week too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love every bit but the bookmark was an AHA for me!! loveit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Guacamole! You have been busy- but creating fabulous projects!!! I love all of them- love the colors and background sin the AI projects- so beautiful!!! Love the Shaving cream ones as well. Amazing post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work. Love the watery backgrounds you made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your wonderful work on this blog hop. I concur with what others have said about the shaving cream cards. Absolutely gorgeous. I really like the scrapbooking pages. The accents really add to the photos and are not overwhelming. Very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what beautyful cards, Lori! And thank you for sharing those links too.

    greets, miranda (miepeke)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I crown you Turtle princess!! You have shown so many great places themed used for this gorgeous stamp.. I am so impressed.. You could not pick just one!! Thank you for feeding us with such GORGEOUS Turtle eyecandy yumminess!!! :-) TFS.. your technique and coloring is wonderifical and totally inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous, Lori! I love how your turtle is swimming in the seaweed! The alcohol ink technique really reminds me of the sea! Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am working on a snorkeling layout with turtles. I happened across this blog page. AMAZING turtles you made!!!

    ReplyDelete